CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 25, 2010

Prep 2010

Ok, I lied! While I did have two layout ideas written out in my scrap notebook, and I DID intend to get them both done tonight, I only finished one! At the last minute my daughter decided that she wants to do Crew this summer and sign ups were TONIGHT! So off we ran to Ventnor to get her signed up. I stopped at Peebles on the way back and lucked into a really great sale....I got a tank top that is work-appropriate for $4 and a really pretty new bathing suit tankini top (I always get tops that will match my black bottoms) for $12. Susie got two pairs of funky shorts and at the register, the cashier scanned an extra 20% off coupon that wasn't really supposed to start until tomorrow. On the way out of the store I got a phone call that I had left my checkbook at the Rowing Club so we had to trek all the way back there. Got home, ate dinner (John made BBQ chicken!!) and then I just didn't feel like doing anything! I was going to call it a night when I decided I just had to see how the idea in my head would translate onto paper for this layout.

The sketch is from Sassy Lil Sketches but this week there was a twist! You had to go to this website, http://www.csnstores.com/ and find something that inspired you, and do your layout around that item. Well I looked at all the wall hangings, some living rooms, even some bathroom themes and decided to try rugs. I darned near squealed with delight when I saw this rug:

I used the rug (in case you wonder, its $39!) as my inspiration for what I think is a NEAT baseball layout! And I am now entered into a drawing to win a $70 gift certificate to CSN Stores which would be neat....they have TONS of stuff!

Having two boys who have played baseball consecutively for the past 15 years, I have no shortage of baseball pictures and am always looking for unique ways to do a layout. When I saw the circles on the sketch then found the baseball rug, the rest just fell into place! I wasn't sure what I had in the way of red or navy patterned papers which I thought would be a problem (our colors are Red, White & Blue) until I started to dig through some kits that had piled up from the various kit clubs I subscribed to last year. I'm pretty sure these papers were from a Memory Works kit probably around this time last year. The papers are all Scenic Route Liberty collection and they worked PERFECT with this layout! And now that I remember that I have them, there is still PLENTY in the kit left over to do 4th of July pictures (from last year AND this coming year!)   I'm off tomorrow and heat is supposed to be killer again, so more scrappy things to come!

5 comments:

Katie

I am so curious to see this and I can't, there is a silly little X there. :( Thanks for doing the SLS giveaway challenge!

Barb Craft

Susan... this ROCKS!! I love the baseball and our right... you have great photos for it!!! And your papers are awesome!! (Wish I would have had them for the LO I was working on tonight!!) Fabulous LO!!
Barb :)

Deanna

oh that paper and sketch are just perfect with your photos!

becca

this is so cute! what a great page!!

Martine

very cool! perfect baseball LO!!

Post a Comment