CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hi! from the "Not A Card Maker"


Some of you who read this blog have probably heard me say this before: "I'm not a card maker". I just feel pressured when you take away my 12x12 real estate and the end result is usually something just "eh, ok". When presented with this sketch from Let's Scrap I sat on it for a couple of weeks. Today at work, while trying to avoid the piles on my desk, I drew out some ideas I had bouncing around in my head. I've never actually done that...drew out ideas...but I know lots of scrappers do this and thought I'd give it a try. Well it worked out great for me and I fully plan to do this more often (the drawing of my ideas, that is....the cards I will still buy from Hallmark!). Anyway, about mid-morning the school nurse called...and this is a direct quote: "Mrs. Zennario, this is the *** School Nurse. Your daughter is not feeling well and has left a trail of presents throughout the school. Would you be able to come pick her up?". I kid you not....that was her exact line. LOL! So I left work, picked up my daughter who was sitting in the main office by then with a bucket on her lap and came home. She feels much better, and is resting in bed since I wouldn't let her play XBox or go on her computer. I'm such a mean mommy! :) So anyway, with an unexpected block of home time,. I took my little drawing and went to work! For a "not-a-card-maker" I really like how this came out and I was able to get in on a couple of challenges to boot!! I used all scraps too which is even better since I am conciously trying to make a dent in the huge boxes of scraps I have accumulated over 12 years of scrapping! The flowers are Prima (blue) and Oriental Trading (pink), the butterfly is from Creative Charms (it was white but a little Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist fixed that problem), buttons from my stash. I used a Swiss Dot Cuttlebug embossing folder on the background and the sun. The sun and grass were cut from Doodlecharms and Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridges and the letters are BeetleBlack Doodlebug. I had the following challenges in mind when working on this card:

1. ScrapFit Challenge 21 - Exercise Machines. Use a machine on your project - I used two...Cuttlebug and Cricut
2. Frosted Designs - Use Buttons
4. Bitten By The Bug 2 - Use the Sun cut on Doodlecharms Cartridge

I think that's it!! Not bad mileage out of one little card! I love all these challenges....makes me step up my ideas a bit!! So to all of you out there who run these blogs and give us challenges week after week, THANK YOU! Next up....something "FISHY".
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Amie

This is adorable! So you're not a card maker? I never would have guessed from this little charmer!!

Lori1brat

I think this card is DARLING !!!! For not being a card-maker, you did a fantastic job ! I hope you join us over at BBTB2 for more challenges - I think you will love it ! Thank you for participating ! Hugs - Lori

Jeri

Who says you're not a card-maker? I'm looking at the proof. Wonderful card. I love that you used so many scraps. I made a goal at the beginning of the year to do the same. Love the sparkle you added to the sun cut. Thanks for playing along at BBTB2.

Laurajean

Beautiful card ;)

Barb Craft

For not being a card maker... this card is pretty stinkin' cute!! I love the way you made your flowers on it!!
Barb :)

Joni Parker

I know how you feel about cards...I'm the same way. It just feels like something is missing ... like a photo?!!! lol!!! -- Anyway, this is a fab card!!! I've just started dipping into cards too, and I can assure you it gets a little easier...especially with those scraps! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs...can't wait to see more cards....or layouts!

**Treefrog**

For not being a card maker you pulled this one off, good for you, you go girl! And thanks for joining us at BBTB2, hope you join us again, you don't have to make just cards, you can submit a Layout, LOL!
((Hugs)) Theresa

GiuliaG.

Viola! you're a card maker...that is a lovely card. I love your sparkly sun. Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2 this week. I hope you come back and join again.....I'd love to see more of your creations.

Anonymous

For someone who doesn't make cards, this is gorgeous!

Sandi

nice card for a non-cardmaker! Love the sun, thanks for taking the challenge. Sandi

DonnaMundinger

Well you should be a card maker! This is adorable! Thanks for joining in at BBTB2. xxD

cinmfoster

Beautiful card

Joanna

This is super cute! I love the flowers..thanks for playing along with us at bbtb2!

Post a Comment