CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Slide With Me Mom


This morning I decided to just scrap what I wanted. No challenges in mind, no contests, etc. Just chose a picture from the album I had out last night....so glad to be getting some of the older photos scrapped....picked out some papers and off I went. I admit, I did use a PageMaps sketch for inspiration. Its been a long time since I have been to the PageMaps site and I used to use Becky's sketches all the time before I was introduced to the world of blogging and found all the sketch and challenge blogs out there! I love this photo of Susie and even though she just turned 12, she still has that same sweet little voice and I can close my eyes and be right back there hearing her say "Slide with me Mommy!". She loved her Little Tykes slide and everytime she got on it she INSISTED that I slide too. If you have seen Little Tykes stuff, its NOT adaptable to grown ups! LOL! But slide I did!!

Hmm....I didn't intend this as I thought the new challenge started this morning, but it appears that I DO have a challenge to submit for. Practical Scrappers - use flowers! Apparently the new challenge comes out tomorrow!  AND I also didn't do this intentionally, but the Color Challenge over at Frosted Designs is Yellow, Orange, Turquoise and Green.  Check, Check, Check and Check!  (And about 5 other colors but the rules didn't say we could ONLY use those colors!

Supply List: Co'ordinations Vintage Collection cardstock, Fancy Pants About A Girl papers, yellow dot ribbon from the $1 Spot at Target (I know its crooked at the bottom...I fixed it after I took the photo!), flowers are all Recollections $1 packs from Michael's with bling centers by unknown, GROW Bingo Card by Jenni Bowlin, swirl from flowers is a Sizzix diecut, green title letters are Doodlebug, tiny type letters are My Little Shoebox, the butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch that I got for $4 at Walmart on clearance (WOO HOO!), yellow flower brad is Making Memories and I used an EK Success border punch on the blue polka dot paper.

Unfortunately, I must now go grocery shopping!! So probably not a big scrapping day for me today! There's always tonight though!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Wendy

Very cute page! And I totally agree...Little Tykes stuff is NOT for adults!

Debbie

I remember those Little Tykes days - - swing, picnic table, sandbox and slide! Adorable picture of your daughter. Love the colors you chose, so bright and love all the different colors.

Barb Craft

Adorable!!! Don't those days of their sweet little voices pass by so quickly?!! What an precious photo and the LO rocks with all the fun colors you used!!!
Barb :)

Post a Comment