CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pink Elephant Sketch

This morning I mentioned a site that I had never heard of before called The Pink Elephant. I clicked on over and when I saw the sketch I instantly knew what I wanted to do.  (Thanks to my friend Debbie for letting me know about this site!)

Even though I knew right away how I envisioned the layout, the problem was that I could not find the picture that I wanted for my focal photo. I have over 1000 photos of our trip to Antigua on my computer, but I couldn't find this particular one. John reminded me that it would be around where all the "fish" pictures were. OK, I can't find any of them either! Somehow, on both my hard drive and the External Hard Drive I have for a backup AND a CD I found with the Antigua photos, this group is GONE! I logged into Shutterfly and found them there so I'm not totally crazy....I did have the photos at one time because I uploaded them to Shutterfly! Of course, once you do that, you can't re-download them to your computer with the original quality and I was unable to print a large scale of the photo I wanted. I'm hoping that I have the originals in a folder on my work computer. I'm almost sick to my stomach over this but trying not to let it bother me too much until Monday when I can check at work. One thing I have MAJOR issues with is photo storage and organization. I have CDs, DVDs, External Hard Drives, my home laptop, my work computer and several memory cards and there is no rhyme or reason to any of it! One of these days I really need to get a grip!! While I was looking for this particular photo, I did find several sets of photos that I had forgotten all about though....so that was neat! Anyway, to the point....I liked the sketch and decided (after wasting an hour looking) to use this photo of John on a Hobie Cat at our resort as the focal piece. Along the bottom I included random shots from around the resort. I changed the sketch just a bit, increasing the size of the focal photo to a 7x7 print, and adding an extra smaller photo at the bottom. Once I had the photo debacle sorted out, this layout came together in about 15 minutes! I used mostly scraps and one full sheet of paper from Bella Blvd. All Inclusive line, 3 square metal brads and some chalk ink and Core'dinations Cardstock and this puppy is in the book!! Here is the sketch and my take on it...PS - the original layout is straight....I am to cranky to fiddle with the cropping too much and it looks like I glued it all down crooked!:

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Wendy

Your layout is soo cool! Great job! Love the highlight photos on the bottom! BTW...I got my package yesterday....THANK YOU! Can't wait to play with it all! :)

Fern

Oh WOW, This is beautiful!!! Love the photos and your journaling is sooo cute, but true!! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Pink Elephant!!!

kim.mom

This is GORGEOUS!!! Love it!

Jennifer

Love your layout! So many GREAT pictures!!

TeenaBugg38

Beautifully done! Hugs to Debbie for helping you find your way to us....hope that means you will be playing more often :) Thanks for visiting The Pink Elephant!

Trudi

Great layout, just beautiful and what fabulous pictures! Thanks for joining our scrap challenge this week at TPE!

Angela

glad you perservered!I lost 4000 photos from my hard drive once so I know what you were feeling! (got 80% back though!) great LO and the focal photo is just brilliant! makes me want to go there!

Post a Comment