CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Layout: "Relaxing"



All papers are LilyBee Design Lovely collection, as are the chipboard flowers. Letter stickers are Basic Grey. The brown ball trim is from my stash and the "Family Times" rub-ons are from a swatch book from Creative Imaginations that I found on the clearance rack at Michaels as well as the glitter frame by Making Memories that I paid .49c for.

Speaking of.....if you have a Michaels local and have not ventured in lately, you should. The have completely redone their paper crafting aisles (for the worse if you ask me) and since they started this about a month ago, there has been a TON of stuff on the clearance ends. I got boxes of Prima flowers for $1.49 and lots of other odds and ends for pennies. I'm not impressed with the re-set though.

Believe it or not, I only managed three challenges out of this layout!
2. Frosted Designs - Glitter (on the frame)
3. Pink Elephant - Use Black and White photos

Its a simple page, but I like it. I snapped these photos when the kids weren't looking. We were just having a nice day at a local historic colonial village near our home. There are quaint little shops, a lovely lake and wildlife and a yummy bakery! We were bored one day and took a ride (its only 10 minutes from home) and just sat on the benches "people watching" and having a donut from the bakery! It was quality time spent, just the three of us.

And now, I MUST close my eyes. Actually, they aren't giving me an option...they are closing on their own! Sleep tight my blog friends!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

TeenaBugg38

I just love this! Thanks for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

Sasya

oh, you made a wonderful layout!! i love your take on the sketch!! thank you for playing along with Practical Scrappers this week!!

hugs,
Sasya

Sue Frazier

what a beautiful take on the sketch! thanks for sharing with us at practical scrappers!

Wendy

I love my Michael's clearance aisle! I have found so many amazing deals. I've found paper stacks from K$Co for $3. And Primas.....yum!
This page is so cool! I really love that title.

Unknown

Wow! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at PS! /Pia

Barb Craft

Wow...nice work!! you did a way better job with that sketch than I did!! LOL!! Love the black and white photos with the patterned paper you used!! Gorgeous!!
Barb :)

Pat

This is fantastic! Thanks for doing the FD challenge!

Lisa in Texas

Lovely layout, it is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers!

Trudi

Great layout, love those papers! Thanks for joining our scrap challenge this week at TPE!

Tkat

wow!!! great layout!!! :) i'm definitely going to add this sketch to my "to create list" -- i love what you've done with it! :)

Post a Comment