CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mom's Star


I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! I haven't had much time in my scraproom, even though I was off work yesterday. My daughter's birthday is tomorrow and I was running all over creation on Friday making sure my baby got the gifts that she asked for! All she really asked for was a digital camera. I got her a small Polaroid Point & Shoot on sale at Target for $50! As a surprise, I bought her a hoodie and 5 t-shirts from Hollister (off the clearance rack of course!) for under $50 so mom was THRILLED! Hollister, for those that don't know, is VERY expensive in my opinion. $25+ for a t-shirt branded with their name all over it! A pair of shorts that wouldn't cover much behind were $29! YIKES! My daughter is only turning 12 yet a lot of her friends have Hollister clothing and I could never justify it. But I wanted her to be surprised so I checked the clearance racks. I was so happy when I got to the store to find out that they were offering an additional 30% off their clearance prices and there was TONS to choose from! One of the t-shirts I got her ended up being a little over $3 yet the tag says $24.50! Now that's what I call a great deal....mom is happy with the price and daughter will be beyond happy with the shirt! We are about to get ready to go out for her birthday dinner to Famous Daves. Yummy BBQ! She is bringing her BFF, Alisa, and I let her open her camera so she can take pictures at her b-day dinner!!

1. Sketch Inspirations - Sketch
2. Pink Elephant - Use a black and white photo
3. Frosted Designs - Use glitter (title)
4. Stuck on You Sketches - Embossing (I embossed the two larger stars)
 5. Scrap Fit - Use a machine - used Cricut and Cuttlebug
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Laurajean

You are ROCKIN' out the layouts for this Workout...and I absolutely LOVE this layout Susan...I'm a sucker for stars though. LOVE it ;)
Thanks for playin' along with us at Scrapfit :)

Jenn K

This is one very cool layout! Love all the stars and paper layers. Thank you for joining us on TPE this week.

TeenaBugg38

Oh I am diggin this one....awesome boy page! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!

Kat

love this layout! it's so much fun!!

all the days of our life

Beautiful page. I LOVE boy pages they are so difficult for me, you ROCKED this one. Thanks for playing with us at FD.

Sandi Clarkson

Great page, love your embossing .. and love your deals of the day .. woohoo! Happy bday to your dd. Thanks for joining us at SOUS.

Joni Parker

This layout is very stunning. I saw the little thumbnail on the FD blog and had to come check it out! Love MME, love the design...totally awesome!! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs.

Trudi

Ooo I love the design of this layout and the stars! Thanks for joining our scrap challenge this week at TPE!

Cassie

Great colors and layering! This is just so bright and fun!

Post a Comment